Monday, July 21, 2014

Going to PAX South in San Antonio, TX!!

Waiting to do this for a long time, I will be attending PAX South gaming convention January 23-25, 2015 in San Antonio, TX. PAX South convention will be making its debut in January joining the PAX line up along with PAX East, PAX Prime, and PAX Australia. PAX stand for Penny Arcade Expo put together by gaming culture and webcomic site Penny Arcade.

I love games. I have been playing them since birth and grew up around the old consoles such as Nintendo being my first gaming console (the good old days). Since I love going to conventions, I have been waiting to attend a gaming convention in my line up for a long time.

I have been to one gaming convention which was in Philadelphia at the Pennsylvania convention center a couple years ago. It wasn't the greatest one when I attended that year. I think the time I went, the convention was finished at that point. I thought it was going to be a great convention like it was previously. However, the next year it was a dud. I was really disappointed in it as a whole. After that, I have been very cautious of going to any gaming conventions in the future. I decided, if I was going to dish out the money, I wanted a well organized big gaming convention.

My gaming friends was pushing me to go to PAX South. At first I was unsure because I would have to buy a plane ticket which was my biggest concern. After thinking about it for two months, I decided to go for it. I miss gaming conventions and PAX South fits the bill. I wanted to go to PAX East which was located in Boston, a closer convention, but majority of my gaming friends wanted to attend PAX South. I was very happy I was able to pick up individual passes when I could for this convention. The 3-day passes was sold out in a day.

Can't wait to attend PAX South in January. I just need a little help from mother nature to make it perfect to leave and come home to Philly without any delays.

If anybody is attending PAX South, hit me up. I would love to hang with other game congoers at this convention.

PAX South Info

Make sure you follow Fort Fandom on twitterfacebook, and youtube.

~Artemis  

No comments:

Post a Comment