Monday, July 21, 2014

The Purge: Anarchy Non-Spoiler Review

Let me just say, I really enjoyed The Purge: Anarchy far better then I expected. In my opinion, I think it was a far superior movie then the first one. Don't get me wrong, I did like the first movie for bringing this disturbing concept of future America to the movie screen. However, the acting at times made me cringe when it came to the Sandin children. Running away from their parents while a possible murder was in there home, it made me want to slap them like what are you thinking.

Luckily the acting was more ironed out in the second installment The Purge: Anarchy. It was more believable and down right scary to see The Purge on a bigger scale then the first movie. Underneath everything about The Purge idea, money somehow makes it all goes around. The rich gets richer and the poor gets brutally murdered. Kind of sound like our current society today but rated G compared to this movie.

Sergeant made this movie badass by keeping the group together to survive The Purge, even though he had his own agenda that night. Whether good or bad, I wouldn't blame his reason behind his own Purge, because of how the law is so screwed up in our society. However, unforeseen events made him contemplate his judgement throughout the movie, which lead to his decision at the end of it.

Carmen, Cali, Shane and Liz, the others cast members, opened the movie up to keep the plot going. Their interaction with Sergeant showed how the government was more behind The Purge that meets the eye. This is actually the plot probably moving forward to the third movie how this movie Anarchy ended. My only complaint is they don't turn this type of franchise at this point into a freedom for all America movie. If they are, please let it be the last movie in the franchise. Let us enjoy the purge movies humans killing each other every year (wow that sounds bad) before we said we had enough.

My rating for The Purge: Anarchy is 7/10.

I would recommend people to see the first movie The Purge to understand the entire concept behind Anarchy, before asking your best friend in the movie theater who, what, when, where, how. Please don't look too deep into this movie. It does what its suppose to do, entertain us in a very disturbing way that makes you think twice about driving next to a huge colossus truck on the streets.

I also recommend people to cosplay as The Purge characters. It would make a great Halloween costume. If you want to scare some people in your area, create a scary mask hopefully from the movie, and bass out the Purge commencement alarm as loud as you can. That's pretty much something I hope to do in the future.

The Purge: Anarchy is in theaters near you. Get on The Purge bandwagon people.

Make sure you follow Fort Fandom on twitterfacebook, and youtube.

~Artemis  

No comments:

Post a Comment